Wednesday, May 20, 2009

No, it's not her



I spent the Victoria Day weekend home in Vancouver to attend a friend's wedding. I haven't spent much time in Toronto in the last few weeks, but it's still a great relief to be somewhere nicer than The Big Smoke. And aside from a few minor responsibilities at the wedding banquet. I was on holiday. So, armed with my brand-spanking-new DSLR camera, I roamed around town taking pictures, as a girl of course!

Side Note #1: In case you're wondering, no, I wasn't called to be a bridesmaid. I wouldn't want to be one anyway.
Side Note #2: Those DSLR cameras are great. But you should get some nice lenses.


Admittedly, it would have been more fun if I had someone with me to take pictures of me. But this works too. So over the weekend, I went to Jericho Beach, then Granville Island, then the Richmond Olympic Oval, and then Stanley Park on Monday. I still have much to re-learn about photography. It's been a long time since I took a photography course in high school. Anyway, on Monday morning, I spent some time walking along the Sea Wall at Stanley Park, snapping random pictures.

Side note #3: I tried to be as inconspicuous as possible, wearing a simple sweater and dress pants. That worked in Granville Island, but when every woman around is wearing shorts and jogging shoes, at the beach and at the park, you do stand out a bit.

While I was near the Nine O'Clock Gun, a couple jogged past me. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw that the woman kept turning back to get a good look at me. (I thought she had read me, and was going to make a big fuss about it.) But then she turned around to her jogging partner, and said to him, "No, it's not her." I assumed that I looked like her friend....but then, she continued, giggling, "They really look alike from the back, but this one's cuter."

So, whoever you are, you made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment